The Ten Best Media Training Quotes Ever
I’m a bit of a word nerd.
I jot down every good media training quote I hear. I occasionally get to use one of the witty quotes in a speech or training session. But too many of the quotes just sit, unused, in a computer file.
They shall remain unused no longer. Today, I present ten of my favorite media training quotes ever.
MEDIA INTERVIEWING QUOTES
1. “Does anyone have any questions for my answers?” – Henry Kissinger
2. “It is always a risk to speak to the press: they are likely to report what you say.” – Hubert H. Humphrey
3. “The most guileful amongst the reporters are those who appear friendly and smile and seem to be supportive. They are the ones who will seek to gut you on every occasion.” – Edward Koch
4. “The questions don’t do the damage. Only the answers do.” – Sam Donaldson
MESSAGE DEVELOPMENT QUOTES
5. “I am sorry for such a long letter. I didn’t have time to write a short one.” – Mark Twain (also attributed to others)
6. “Short words are the best and old words when short are the best of all.” – Winston Churchill
CRISIS COMMUNICATIONS QUOTES
7. “By the time you hear the thunder, it’s too late to build the ark.” – Unknown
8. “It takes a lifetime to build a reputation and only a few seconds to destroy one.” – Unknown
9. “If it’s going to come out eventually, better have it come out immediately.” – Henry A. Kissinger
10. “Always acknowledge a fault frankly. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you opportunity to commit more.” – Mark Twain
Like these quotes? Here are ten more! The Ten Best Media Training Quotes Ever (Part Two)