Summer Break: See You Next Week!
The last time I took a break was eight months (and 200 blog posts) ago.
I’m taking this week off to recharge and spend some quality offline time with the lovely Mrs. Media Training. I’ll see you back here on Monday, August 20th.
In the meantime, please check out the links below to catch up on a few of the blog’s most popular series that you may have missed along the way.
Thanks for reading, and have a great week!
Our Five Most Popular Series:
1. Eight Ways to Open a Speech: The opening minutes of a presentation are often the most important. Audiences form as much as 60 – 80 percent of its impression of a speaker within the first four minutes. This series will teach you eight great ways to open a speech and grab the audience’s attention.
2. How to Dress for Television Interviews: Do you know the right colors and clothes to wear for television? How about how to apply makeup (you too, men) or how to select the right jewelry? This series will teach you everything you need to know to look great during your next television appearance.
3. How to Create a Winning Media Message: Our first-ever series on the blog taught readers how to develop winning media messages—and the “message supports” that make them more memorable.
4. Body Language and Public Speaking: This eight-part series teaches you how to use body language to your advantage during presentations and speeches. You’ll learn about tone, energy, posture, gestures, eye contact, how to interact with PowerPoint, where to stand, and more.
5. Crisis Communications in the Digital Age: In this special five-part series by crisis communicator Jane Jordan-Meier, you’ll learn how to manage a crisis in the age of Twitter.