About Our Media Training Classes
We Invest In You
This live online media training class is scheduled for Tuesday, September 15, 2020 and Wednesday, September 16, 2020.
Both days will begin at 12:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time and end at 3:30 p.m. with a 30-minute break between 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
You will receive a Zoom link for these sessions prior to the training dates.
We’re committed to delivering the best online media training classes in the industry, ones that focus on your long-term growth rather than a standalone one-time experience.
That’s why our online media training classes are only the beginning. With your registration, you’ll receive a free one-hour one-on-one practice and feedback session, 10 in-depth clients-only reports, and annual refresher webinars—for free.
Media Training Online Two Half-Day Class Agenda
Segment One Mastering Media Ground Rules and Best Practices
- What Common Media Terms Really Mean
- Interview the Interviewer
- Prepare for Interviews in Advance
- Deliver a Crisp 15-Second Description of Your Work
- Identify Your Real Target Audience
- Avoid the “Seven-Second Stray”
Segment Two Creating an Effective Media Message
- Craft Compelling Media Messages
- Transform Your Messages from Newsy to Newsworthy
- Get the Headlines You Want
- Support Your Messages with Stories and Stats
- Create Media Sound Bites that Reporters Love
Segment Three Answering Challenging Questions
- Identify the Most Common Challenging Question “Types”
- Tame the Tricky Questions Reporters Love to Ask
- Manage Tough, Loaded and Hostile Questions
- Transition from Off-Topic Questions to On-Message Responses
- Boost Your Credibility with the Audience
Segment Four Exhibiting The Right Body Language
- Expand Your Vocal Range
- Create the Right Body Language “Feedback Loops”
- Display TV-Friendly Energy, Gestures, Posture, Eye Contact, and More
- Manage Public Speaking Anxiety
- Learn Interview Techniques for Skype, Remote Video Calls, and Live Streams
Our training empowers you to be an effective media spokesperson right away. Our goal is to provide the confidence that you not only know how to address challenging media situations, but can do so with grace and poise.Learn more