HIRING: Senior Media and Presentation Coach
Job Description: Senior Media and Presentation Coach
Throughline Group® is one of the nation’s leading media and presentation training firms.
Since 2004, we’ve prepared our clients for everything from TED Talks and presidential debates to national media interviews and make-or-break corporate presentations. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, financial institutions, consumer brands, nonprofit organizations, trade associations, government agencies, scientific bodies, universities, and many others.
We stand apart by delivering unusually well-researched, thoughtful, and tailored workshops, and providing a best-in-class customer experience. We develop long-lasting relationships with clients who, in the words of one top executive, come to see us as “an extension of our senior management team.”
Our obsessive aim is to deliver the most effective communication training programs in the industry. We don’t just make clients more effective communicators; our work leads to profound transformations in the way people and organizations approach their work.
As our firm’s Senior Media and Presentation Coach, you will play an essential role in leading and supporting our company’s top-quality custom workshops.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to engage in meaningful work with clients who represent a wide diversity of topics and industries. Plus, you’ll work with genuinely kind colleagues who care deeply about getting it right.
How You’ll Help Our Company Grow
- Delivering best-in-class media and presentation training workshops that earn superlative client reviews; serving as lead and supporting trainer for custom workshops
- Researching each participant and client in advance; conducting an extensive review of each clients’ media clips, messages, scripts and/or PowerPoint decks; developing custom practice interview questions; drafting agendas, session plans, and tailored PowerPoint decks; coordinating with client and Throughline management throughout planning process
- Delivering industry-leading customer service by being unusually fast, thoughtful, accommodating, and professional in all client communications
- Keeping up with industry trends and issues; writing occasional posts for Throughline’s blog; helping to update training materials; performing other as-assigned duties
You Meet the Following Requirements
- You have an established track record as an accomplished communicator with deep journalism, media and/or public speaking experience
- (Not required, but preferred) You have experience as a trainer and/or facilitator who has led successfully received workshops
- You are an exceptional communicator in writing, over the phone, and in person
- You live in or near New York City or Washington, D.C.
- You are available for travel, sometimes during evenings and weekends
- You view this position as an edifying long-term career, not as a bridge between jobs
You Bring These Qualities to Your Work
- Great Communication Skills. You are a diplomatic, deft, and mature communicator whose spoken and written communication establishes credibility quickly, inspires confidence, and develops a natural rapport.
- Your personal style and leadership presence reinforce our firm’s professionalism and seriousness of purpose.
- Insight and Flexibility. You are high on the EQ scale, can quickly and accurately observe opportunities for client improvement, can reliably offer insightful feedback and practical guidance that resonates for each trainee, and can accommodate situational and stylistic differences with grace.
- You believe that life is too short to perform work you don’t believe in. So, you never phone it in. You’re enthusiastic, energetic, and fully invested in our clients.
- You do whatever it takes to deliver a superlative client experience. You have a positive, solutions-oriented attitude and an openness to feedback. You are resilient and refuse to let short-term hurdles distract from long-term goals.
- Lifelong Learning. You are committed to pursuing continuous learning on topics related to communications, public speaking, persuasion, visual design, and more.
- You approach work with enthusiasm, openness, kindness, warmth, compassion, and humility.
- Efficiency and Accuracy. You respond to client and Throughline communications professionally, accurately, and quickly.
- Outstanding Organizational Skills. You have exceptional organizational skills, a keen attention to detail, and a track record of juggling multiple balls and deadlines with aplomb.
- You honor client and firm confidentiality, maintain discretion, and act with complete integrity, always.
What We Offer
This position begins with a six-month trial and training process, during which compensation is on a contractor basis. Assuming a successful trial period, this could become a full-time position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. We provide benefits to full-time employees including a healthcare subsidy, paid holidays and vacation, and sick days.
Note: Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your experience and interest in this position, along with your minimum salary requirements. While not required, feel free to send links to any relevant video clips (from a real presentation or a demo) that demonstrate your speaking style. Send your application to Info@ThroughlineGroup.com. Put “Senior Media and Presentation Coach” and your name in the subject line.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Throughline Group, rebranded in 2019, was known as Phillips Media Relations from 2004-2019.